A lot of people have probably heard of the word “smart phone” there is always the possibility that not everyone understands what it is. Actually, if you are among this people, then you don’t have to worry because you are not alone.
Why are they “smart?” Is there any difference between an internet phone and a cell phone?
Basically, internet phones are devices that will allow you to make calls and send text messages but have additional features like that of a personal digital assistant. Most of them act like mini-computer because not only does it help its users “organize” his or her tasks and make simple computations, it also has additional features like sending and receiving email messages, creating new or editing word documents and worksheets, transmitting and receiving online fax messages and more.
samsung a7 lite Before there were smart phones, there were cell phones and PDAs. Eventually, PDAs were given connectivity features which allowed its user to connect to the internet. Cell phones were eventually given the same feature and further down, developers realized that they since their features overlap, then they can combine the two devices into one, thus the smart phones.
Here are some basic features of it which separates it from the rest of the crowd. Please do remember that these features can also be found in several devices but the configuration of all these devices defines what a smart phone is.
1. Operating system. Since they run applications and other programs, it often requires an operating system which becomes the base for all these apps.
2. Programs and Applications. Every cell phone and PDA does run its own program and applications. However, smart phones will have more sophisticated software for a phone and would often allow you to run Microsoft Office productivity suites. There are also specific programs that will allow its user to download files (music, video, etc.), edit pictures, send and receive online fax messages, view your next route and locate the nearest hotel.
3. Connectivity. Smart phones are often embedded with connectivity features like Bluetooth or wi-fi. This allows smart phones to connect to the internet at faster speed and to perform other functions that are internet-based.
4. Keyboard. Most of them have a dedicated keyboard (QWERTY format) while there are some that have handwriting recognition and a touch screen. This is a very important feature particularly those that enable its users to edit and create word processing documents.
5. Messaging capabilities. All cell phones (except those that are analog which are obsolete) have text messaging capabilities. Other than its capacity to send and receive messages, they can also handle email and online fax. More often than not, they can also be synchronized with your personal and professional email services that’s why it is very convenient for its users.